Community Grant Program

The Community Grant Program provides funds for: 

  • One-time projects and initiatives; or  
  • Operating expenses of organizations in their development stage once per fiscal year for up to three years (within the first five years); or 
  • Events that are primarily designed and delivered for the general public that attract visitors, significantly contribute to the local economy, and promote volunteerism.

From 1999 to date, the Town of Hinton has provided $1.7 million in funding to local non-profit organizations through either the Quality of Life or Community Grant programs. 

The Spring Intake of the 2024 Community Grant Program is expected to open on March 29, 2024 with a submission deadline of April 28, 2024.

Please note that the maximum total funding available each group can apply for per intake is $10,000. 

The stream is competitive, and partial awards are common. The program may be revamped for 2024 to simplify application forms and enable more certainty in grant awards and levels.

Community Grant Program Spring Intake

THINKING ABOUT APPLYING?

 

 Additional resources such as the “Application Breakdown Guide and the “Grant Writing do’s and don’ts documents have been created and are available upon request.

 

If interested, please email info@hinton.ca requesting a copy.

Application Process - General Timelines

Spring

  1. advertising starts on the last Friday in March;
  2. submission deadline is last Friday in April;
  3. awarding on the third Tuesday (2nd Council meeting) of June.

Fall

  1. advertising starts the first Friday in August;
  2. submission deadline is the first Friday in September;
  3. awarding on the first Tuesday (Council meeting) of October

Before completing the Community Grant Funding Application, please review the Community Grant Program Application Guideand request any further clarification needed from the Community Grant Program Liaison listed below.

When you download and complete the Community Grant Funding Application Submission form, please save the PDF document frequently while working on your submission.

Successful grant recipients receive 80% of the granted amount up front and the remainder 20% on submission of their completed Final Reporting Form (due within twelve (12) months of receiving first payment). 

If you have any issues accessing documents, please view this Fillable PDF Troubleshooting Tip Sheet or contact the Community Grant Program Liaison using the contact information below.

Contact Us


  1. Council Information.jpg
    Community Services

    Email

    131 Civic Centre Road

    2nd Floor

    Hinton, AB T7V 2E5


    Hours

    Monday - Friday

    8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

  1. Eligibility
  2. Program Information
  3. Application Process
  4. Details
  5. Previous Funding

Each project or request must meet the following eligibility requirements:


checklist

  • Funding request is at or between $1,000 - $10,000
  • Funds support eligible expenditures
  • Funding is approved on a matched-grant basis
  • Previous monies received from the Town of Hinton have met reporting requirements


Please refer to Page 4 of the Applicant's Guide to ensure your group is eligible to apply.


All applicants are required to submit a final project  assessment and financial report on the funded program/project upon completion or within 12 months from project approval date.  Backup documentation may be requested.  Failure to submit may result in a disqualification / rejection for future applications.