We understand the importance of being prepared for any type of emergency situation, especially when in an environment with hazardous chemicals. This is why we're taking steps to enhance our emergency preparedness for visitors. We're committed to making sure that everyone who visits the Dr. Duncan Murray Recreation Centre feels safe and secure, no matter what happens. We believe that being proactive is the best way to ensure everyone's well-being, which is why we're implementing this friendly reminder.
1. Skate Guards at the Bench:
- Each team is advised to have a bin with skate guards at the bench.
- This guarantees that should an emergency occur, there won't be time to return to dressing rooms or remove skates, enabling a swifter and more efficient evacuation process.
2. Vehicle Keys:
- All attendees, including team members and visitors, are encouraged to keep their vehicle keys on them at all times.
3. Dress Warm:
- Acknowledge the unpredictable weather conditions by advising everyone to dress warmly.
- This recommendation is crucial for ensuring the comfort and well-being of individuals during emergency situations, especially if they need to wait outside.
4. Awareness of Children:
- Remind all participants, including spectators, to be aware of the whereabouts of children at all times.
- In emergency situations, ensuring the safety of children is paramount, and heightened awareness can prevent accidents or confusion.
During these types of incidents, individuals without warm clothing, shoes, and keys could be outside for multiple hours without access to their belongings until the Fire Department clears the building. These requirements collectively contribute to a comprehensive emergency preparedness plan, considering both the immediate safety concerns and the potential challenges posed by the surrounding environment.