In a heartfelt tribute to the late Claire Jones, whose life was tragically cut short in a 2013 automobile accident, the Hinton Stingrays Junior Lifeguard Swim Club is gearing up to host the annual Claire Jones Memorial Swim Meet. This event, dedicated to honoring Claire's passion for lifeguarding and the lifesaving sport, has become a cherished tradition in the community since its inception.
To accommodate the preparations for this meaningful occasion, the Pool will be closing its doors at 6:00 pm on Friday, November 24, 2023. The swim meet itself is scheduled to take place on Saturday, November 25, from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Dr. Duncan Murray Recreation Centre Pool, attracting lifeguards and swimmers from across Alberta.
As the community unites to remember Claire's legacy, the pool facilities will remain closed to the public during the event. However, we extend a warm invitation to interested community members to join in the celebration on November 25, offering a unique opportunity to witness the lifesaving sport in action.
Additionally, the public is advised that the Pool will be unavailable from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm on Sunday, November 26, 2023, to facilitate West Fraser Mill's Christmas Party. Regular access will resume at 3:00 pm for the Family Toonie Swim.
This weekend, the Recreation Centre is hosting several events. In order to prioritize the safety of everyone in attendance, we have outlined the following recommendations to ensure your well-being during this busy period.
Footwear at the Team's Table:
- It is recommended that each team maintains a bin containing all of their club's shoes at their designated table.
- This measure ensures that in case of an emergency, there is no necessity to return to the front desk or changing rooms, facilitating a faster and more efficient evacuation.
- All attendees, including team members and visitors, are encouraged to keep their vehicle keys on them at all times.
- This is a practical measure, ensuring that individuals have immediate access to transportation if evacuation is necessary.
- Acknowledge the unpredictable weather conditions by advising everyone to dress warmly.
- This recommendation is crucial for ensuring the comfort and well-being of individuals during emergency situations, especially if they need to wait outside.
Awareness of Children:
- Remind all participants, including spectators, to be aware of the whereabouts of children at all times.
- In emergency situations, ensuring the safety of children is paramount, and heightened awareness can prevent accidents or confusion.
These recommendations collectively contribute to a comprehensive emergency preparedness plan, considering both the immediate safety concerns and the potential challenges posed by the surrounding environment.
OPEN Friday Nov. 24 UNTIL 6:00 pm (CLAIRE JONES SWIM MEET SETUP)
CLOSED ALL DAY Saturday Nov. 25 (CLAIRE JONES SWIM MEET)
Sunday Nov. 26
11:30 - 1:00 pm Lane Swim
1:00 - 3:00 pm Mill Christmas Party
3:00 - 4:00 pm Family Toonie Swim
4:00 - 6:30 pm Public Swim