2022 Business Licence Renewal
Thanks for renewing your 2022 Business Licence! Your Business Licence requires the annual renewal payment by January 1st, 2022 to remain active.
We will email your 2022 Business Licence & receipt after processing.
Cancelling your Business Licence? Please click here.
- Credit Card Payments - www.hinton.ca/pay
- E-Transfer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make Hinton the password
- Include your account number or Business name
- In person - cash, cheque or debit
Any changes in your business this year? Let us know!
- Name, address, email address or phone number, simply click here and fill in the renewal form to update information. www.hinton.ca/businesslicense
Is your business information correct on our Business Directory?
- Click here to find out.
- Don't see your Business Listed? Call or email us and we'll gladly get it listed.
Fines for late payments of Annual Renewals - See Business Licence Bylaw 1126
Welcome to Hinton! We wish you and your business every success here. If you’re looking for contacts and resources to help your business, please contact our helpful Economic Development Staff.
Depending on the type of business and your location, you may also need a municipal development permit or other municipal, provincial and federal authorizations. Follow the steps in BizPaL for a complete list.
Business Licence application and processes:
- Fill out a Business Licence Online Application - Click here
- We will review your application and contact you. You can pay the fee here. Click here
- You may be required to get a fire inspection (commercial/industrial districts); to book a fire inspection contact the Hinton Fire Department at 780-865-6089.
Once your application and fee are received, you will receive a Business Licence Certificate and receipt via email. The annual certificate is required to be posted at your business location so that it is clearly visible to the public.
If you reside in the Town of Hinton and you are self-employed you will require a Development Permit for a Home Based Business.
If you are changing the use of an existing business space or moving to a new location, you may be required to apply for a Development Permit along with your Business Licence Application.
We suggest you confirm with the Town for municipal approval to ensure your business is a permitted use in that Land Use District.
Watch for your business licence renewal invoice at the beginning of December each year. According to the Business Licence Bylaw 1126, fines will be issued to unpaid invoices.
|Home Bases Business/Home Occupation||$160.00/year|
|Regional Resident (Yellowhead County)||$160.00/year|
|Hawker/Peddler||$200.00/year or $50.00/ for 3 months|
(more than 3 sub-trades)
|Temporary (not to exceed 7 days)||$25.00/day|
Why do I need a Business Licence?
The Government of Alberta, through the Municipal Government Act, provides municipalities with the authority to establish a system of licensing for businesses, business activities and persons engaged in business. Business licensing bylaws are enacted to protect public health and safety, and a Business Licence serves as a confirmation that a business complies with local laws and regulations.
All businesses operating within the Town of Hinton are required to obtain a Business Licence as per Bylaw 1126. This also includes businesses that are not from Hinton but performing work within Hinton.
Canceling Your Business Licence
Cancel Your Business Licence Click here