This program was designed to protect low income senior property owners from municipal tax increases. The program eligibility is determined by the income indicated on your current year’s income tax Notice of Assessment mailed to you by Revenue Canada.
The 2023 requirements are:
- Applicant must be 65 years of age
- Single income must be under $29,630
- Combined income must be under $48,120 (1 applicant must be 65 years of age)
- Applications must be made before December 31st of the tax year being applied for
Please note for eligibility purposes you must provide:
- A completed Municipal Rebate Form (PDF)
- Government issued proof of age
- A copy of your 2022 Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency
For more information please call 780-865-6017 or via email.
Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program
Homeowners 65 and older can defer all or part of their residential property taxes through a low interest home equity loan with the Alberta government. The loans are repaid when the house is sold, or sooner if the senior chooses. For more information visit the Alberta Health website or call 1-877-644-9992.