Rural Renewal Stream
The Town of Hinton is proud to be a Designated Community under the Rural Renewal Stream of the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP).
Hinton’s Rural Renewal Stream is open for applications from Hinton employers with recruitment needs as of January 16, 2023.
The Rural Renewal Stream offers eligible candidates the opportunity to immigrate to Alberta as a Provincial Nominee with the formal support of a municipal government. The aim is to fill local labour gaps by empowering Hinton employers to recruit and retain foreign nationals to live, work, and settle in our community.
On this page, learn more about Employer and Candidate (Foreign National) eligibility criteria, how to apply, and what to do after you are nominated.
Employers that wish to fill job vacancies using the Rural Renewal Stream must meet a series of criteria and provide a genuine offer of employment.
- Employers must be incorporated, or registered by or under, an act of the legislature of a province, territory, or the Parliament of Canada and operating within the municipal boundaries of the Town of Hinton
- Workplace offers or contracts must be signed by the employee and employer, and must provide:
- continuous, paid work in Hinton
- full-time work, defined as a minimum of 30 hours per week, employment for 12 months or more, and wages and benefits that meet or exceed the lowest starting wage for your occupation across all industries in Alberta.
- Job Opportunities must be available to Canadians first, at the same pay and working conditions. Under the AAIP, there are some ineligible occupations.
- Employers must meet all eligibility criteria under the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program's Rural Renewal Stream prior to issuing an offer of employment. Please review the available information carefully.
- A Labour Market Impact Assessment is not required, but demonstrated efforts to recruit locally, provincially and nationally is required.
- Employers are required to demonstrate knowledge of the responsibilities of welcoming newcomers and providing a warm and welcoming environment. A business looking to participate in the program must demonstrate that they have knowledge of the employer's responsibilities with respect to federal and provincial immigration laws and regulations. The following are resources that prospective employers are encouraged to review prior to recruiting:
- A safe welcoming workplace creates an environment where all employees are valued and respected. Employers must provide a safe welcoming workplace. For more information on safe and welcoming workplaces visit the alis.ca
Employers that meet these criteria and would like to participate in the Rural Renewal Stream should submit a completed Employer Application Form to email@example.com. Information requests can also be sent to this email address.
Candidates who wish to participate in the program must meet a series of criteria, receive an authentic job offer from an eligible employer, get endorsed by the Town of Hinton through the Hinton Rural Renewal Stream Committee and apply using the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program portal.
Before applying for an employment opportunity, candidates are encouraged to review, understand and ensure they meet all eligibility requirements under the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program.
Applying for the Rural Renewal Stream as an employer or candidate can be a confusing process. We've outlined the steps below to help you understand the responsibilities of employers and candidates.
Hinton Rural Renewal Stream Committee
The Hinton Rural Renewal Stream (RRS) Committee is made up of community stakeholders with a shared mandate of supporting employers and newcomers to the community.
The partnership is made up of:
- The Town of Hinton
- Hinton & District Chamber of Commerce
- Hinton Employment and Learning Place
- The Evergreens Foundation
- Alberta Supports
The RRS Committee is responsible for supporting the Town of Hinton in identifying eligible employers and endorsing candidates who are a good fit for the community and are interested in applying for permanent residency through the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program – Rural Renewal Stream.
RRS Committee Resources
For further information about the Rural Renewal Stream, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.