Shut Down is Complete!
As early morning lane swimmers already know, the Dr. Duncan Murray Recreation Centre Aquatics Facility has been reopened after our annual shutdown. For those wondering what we do during shut down, here's a look at some of the aquatics and maintenance tasks completed over the last month.
- The installation of 2 new boilers for both the Hot Tub and Play Pool
- The installation of a new steam generator for our Steam Room
- Construction of new lane ropes
- Acid washing to Main Pool, Play Pool and Hot Tub
- Re-grouting of the Main Pool, Play Pool and Hot Tub basins
- Spot re-grouting and tile replacement throughout both change rooms, pool deck and steam room
- Light fixture replacement and upgrades to lighting in both change rooms
- Deep cleaning of all lockers, vanities, cubicles, toilets and showers of both change rooms
- Inspections, cleaning and part replacement of Main Pool, Play Pool and Hot Tub acid pumps
- Replacement of acid lines to all acid pumps and systems
- Inspections, cleaning and part replacement of Main Pool, Play Pool and Hot Tub filter and booster pumps
- Installation of new seam on Main Pool basin
- Safety Data Sheet revision and update
- Mechanical room procedure updates
- Mechanical room Hepa vacuum clean up
We hope to see you soon to enjoy our freshley cleaned facilities!