Large Item Pickup Begins Next Week
The Town of Hinton is combining their Annual Spring Cleanup (June 4-8, 2018) with Environment Week.
Large item pickup gives all residents an opportunity to get a little help in removing large items from their homes and yards, for free!
All you need to do is contact Infrastructure Services at 780-865-2634 to be placed on a list for your free pickup (the Town reserves the right to refuse any items deemed not appropriate.)
If your place of residence is taking advantage of this service, there are a couple of important things to be aware of:
- The Town limits all households to one pickup load each.
- All clean-up refuse should be placed at the front of your property on your regular collection day.
- Due to the Environment regulations at the Landfill, we ask that you sort and put your refuse in separate piles. They should be as follows: a) wood b) metal (fridges, stoves, washers, and dryers) c) furniture d) tires and e) trees (must be cut in 4 foot lengths and bundled).
- If you wish to haul your own refuse to the landfill during this week it is free of charge for residents.
- The Town of Hinton will not be responsible for claims where refuse is removed from the above described locations.
- The Town does not collect waste from the commercial sector.
Dates and Areas of Collection
The Town requests that you place this extra garbage out on your regular collection day by 7:00 a.m. Please contact Infrastructure Services at 780-865-2634 for further information and to be placed on the pickup list.
Other Options Available
If you miss the free pickup, don't forget, residents of Hinton and West Yellowhead County can recycle their paint, tires, appliances, and e-waste (computers, tv’s, etc.) at the Landfill year round at no charge. The landfill will accept paint cans, aerosol cans, batteries, propane bottles, fluorescent tubes, varsol, cleaning products, t.v.s, computers, furniture, tires, metals, used oil and filters as well as appliances ie fridges, stoves, washers, dryers. There is no charge for residential customers as long as these products are sorted.