ToH Supports Available
ToH logo

Information for Evacuees of BC Wildfires

The Town of Hinton is providing information for individuals leaving the BC wildfire area and travelling through Hinton.

Step One: Register with the Red Cross

Evacuees are asked to register with the Canadian Red Cross, even if aid is not required. To register visit or call 1 800 863-6582. This will assist in the aid dispensing process; it will also let your friends and loved ones know that you are alright. It also allows the Canadian Red Cross to contact people directly as more information and assistance becomes available.

Step Two: Determine a Plan

Anyone requiring immediate assistance with accommodations, food, medical or prescription support, is asked to register with their local emergency reception centre. Please contact your BC government to confirm the location of the nearest activated emergency reception centre.

Emergency reception centres activated [updated at 12 p.m. on July 16, 2017]
Please note: Call the Red Cross at 1-800-863-6583  to confirm availability.

Barriere Reception Centre
4936 Barriere Town Road
Chilliwack Reception Centre
Chilliwack Secondary School
46363 Yale Road
Kamloops Reception Centre
Sandman Centre
300 Lorne Street
Kelowna Reception Centre
1480 Sutherland Avenue
Lillooet Reception Centre
Lillooet Fire Hall
570 Main Street
Merritt Reception Centre
Merritt Civic Centre
1950 Mamette Avenue
Penticton Reception Centre
Penticton Community Centre
325 Power Road
Prince George Reception Centre
College of New Caledonia
3330 – 22nd Avenue
Princeton Reception Centre
Riverside Community Centre
148 Old Hedley Road
Surrey Reception Centre
Cloverdale Arena
6090 176th Street, Cloverdale
Vernon Reception Centre
Vernon Curling Rink
3400 39 Avenue

At this time, the Hinton and Jasper Areas have very few availabilities in terms of Hotels or other lodging. Accommodation may be difficult to find; more options may be available in communities like Edson.

There are some campsites available in Hinton for individuals seeking a place to stay; contact to find out more. Support is also available for individuals with livestock needing pasture, contact to find out more about that option. 

Powered by CivicSend - A product of CivicPlus