At the December 21, 2021, Regular Council Meeting it was decided to continue in the new year with the Restrictions Exemption Program (REP) at the Dr. Duncan Murray Recreation Centre. The recreation centre staff will now conduct the screening and monitoring of compliance with this program.
To ensure that customer services can be provided efficiently and wait times stay as short as possible, several new arrangements have been put in place.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
VISITORS OF THE DR. DUNCAN MURRAY REC CENTER FALL NOW IN ONE OF THE TWO FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
- An express lane can be used by ‘REP Verified Fast Pass’ holders (card/wristband) for speedier entry
- Membership Extensions, Facility Bookings, and Program Registration will be available and prioritized on weekdays between 9 am - 3 pm (Monday – Friday)
- Phone calls after 3 pm (Monday – Friday) and all day on weekends, will be transferred to the Information Line (6066). Along with in-person program registration and facility bookings, these may not be possible while front desk staff experience high volumes of QR screening and admission collection.
- REP Verified Fast Pass Holder or B. General Entry (all others)
A. REP Verified Fast Pass Holders:
Membership (Rec Centre pass) Holders, Members of applicable Hinton sports organizations (i.e. Minor Hockey, Ringette, Pond Hockey, Figure Skating, HBL, Mustangs, Old Warriors, Challenge in the Rockies) and, Tournament Affiliates (players and coaching staff).
- Membership Holders can request their card at the Customer Service desk
- Members of Hinton sports organizations can request their card through their user group manager
- Tournament players and coaching staff receive a daily wristband each tournament day.
All REP Verified Fast Pass Holders need to have their applicable entry proof of vaccination/exemption/negative test and ID with them at all times. Random checks can be done to verify compliance.
B. General Entry (all others):
All other visitors, spectators and participants in non-organized group sports are required to have their REP required documentation screened at the Customer Service desk.
Remind that all current Alberta Health guidelines for Symptom Screening, Masking and Physical Distancing are still applicable for all people inside our Recreation Centre.
Please find below the REP requirements per age group.