Freedom Express Update
November 10, 2020
As of yesterday, Hinton FCSS is once again able to take bookings for the Freedom Express, with service beginning on November 17, 2020. Hours of operation will be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 2pm.
Learn more about the service on it's website, available at Hinton.ca/FreedomExpress or review the information below.
- Mobility, cognitive challenges – all ages
- Application must be completed
- Service within Town of Hinton limits only
- No service on Statutory Holidays
- Customers can purchase either a $70.00 Punch card (30 trips) or a $30.00 Punch card (10 trips)
- Amounts to $3.00 / one-way trip
- No refunds will be offered once a Punch Card is purchased
- Only Freedom Express Punch Cards accepted for fares
- No cash fares will be accepted
- Freedom Express Punch Cards do not expire
- Freedom Express Punch Cards can be used for a fare on the Hinton Transit bus, but a Hinton Transit monthly pass, seniors Transit pass or Transit punch card can not be used for a fare on the Freedom Express bus
- $30.00 and $70.00 Punch Cards are available for purchase at the following:
- Town of Hinton Buildings
- The Guild, Recreation Centre and Government Centre
- King Drug and Home Health Care (located in the valley)
- Rexall Pharmacy (located on the hill)
- Safeway Customer Service (located on the hill)
- Companions and aides ride for free
- Trips - Appointments need to be booked 24 hours in advance
- Due to COVID-19, limited seating available
- Book trips in advance as early as possible. Return trips must have a scheduled time
- Call 780-817-0498 to book or cancel your trip
- Same day bookings will be accommodated whenever possible
Freedom Express passengers are asked to be ready 5 minutes ahead of scheduled pick-up time.
For further information and bookings, please call 780-817-0498.