FCSS AND TRANSPORTATION
Family and Community Support Services is more important than ever - and we’re here for you.
Our building is closed due to COVID-19 as of March 16, 2020, until further notice.
Family And Community Support Services Programs/Services
all FCSS programs are cancelled that involve group gatherings due to COVID-19 as of March 16, 2020 until further notice.
Individuals Families and Support ServicesSeniors Week Celebration
- staffing levels remain reduced by 60%.
- reduced service levels are being maintained with 40% capacity staffing
40 Senior Wellness Kits have been created for Seniors Week and delivered by The Fire Rescue Department to the seniors door steps; the seniors were very happy to receive them.
We would like to thank Big Horn Mine and Northern Rockies Museum of Culture and Heritage for their generous donation that helped fill the wellness kits.Home Support
We have recently added two new clients to the program. With the programing ramping back up, we still have room for more clients.
The program offers:
- grocery runs
- dog walking
- one on one visits
The community development services are temporarily cancelled due to COVID-19 impacts. We are still continuing interagency newsflashes. If you are interested in signing up for interagency newsflash please call FCSS at 780-865-6036.
- Hello Hinton
- Neighborhood Block Party
- Community Dinner
- Monthly Interagency Meeting
Youth Centre is temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.Hinton Kids for Success
Effective: July 6, 2020
Program will be relaunching on July 6, 2020 for all-day summer care. There will be limited group sizes and additional safety precautions in place. For more information or to register, visit the Hinton Kids for Success webpage Hinton.ca/hkfs (see next page).Elder Abuse Prevention
We are promoting World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on June 15, 2020,
The day represents the one day in the year when the whole world voices its opposition to the abuse and suffering inflicted to some of our older generations. We ask you to wear purple on June 15, 2020 in support of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day. Volunteer Centre
Community Volunteer Income Tax
It has been busy tax here at FCSS; filing 290 individual taxes as of June 3rd.
June 1st was the deadline to file 2019 income taxes, but rest assured we provide this service to the community year round. Transit
Our public transit has picked up in the past couple weeks. We had a 50% decrease in ridership when COVID-19 hit in mid March but are now servicing on average 277 riders per week compared to 170 riders in March.Freedom Express
Service will be unavailable until further notice due to COVID impacts.Family Resource Network
This new service area, as part of the West Yellowhead Family Resource Network, provides education and support for caregivers.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Caregiver Education Coordinator has launched online/phone-based supports to ensure caregivers have support during this challenging time.
- MOTHERS FIRST GROUP: A safe space where first-time moms with children under one can come together to talk about being a new parent during COVID-19. This group will give new moms the opportunity to build community connections with other new moms and to learn about different techniques, tools, and resources. Next sessions run: June 23, July 7, July 21 at 10:00 a.m.
- 1-1 CAREGIVER SUPPORT: Join our Caregiver Education Coordinator in a non-judgmental space to talk about the challenges and joys of parenting, to work through specific parenting challenges, and to develop a customized parenting workplan.
- TODDLER TREASURES: Offers developmentally appropriate crafts for children of ages 1-6, delivered to your door.
- BUCKET FILLERS: offers creative crafts for your 7-12-year-olds delivered to your door. Next deliveries are scheduled for: June 16, June 30, July 14, July 28.