FCSS has received grant funding from September 1, 2023- March 31, 2024 that allows eligible Hintonites to purchase a monthly or punch card transit pass at a reduced rate.
To qualify individuals must fill out an application form. Reduced fares and application are ONLY processed at Family and Community Support Services office at 821 Switzer Drive.
Applicants are required to provide:
- Personal information
- Annual household income document: A copy of individual and individual’s spouse/common-law partner’s (if applicable) Notice of Assessment (NOA) or Notice of Reassessment for corresponding year.
- Eligible dependent verification for dependents aged 17 years of age or younger.
- Applicant’s income is less than the low-income cut-offs (LICO), or
- Applicant qualifies from one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You are on AISH (Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped) or you receive the CPP-Disability Benefit (Canada Pension Plan)
- You are on Government of Alberta Income Support or Learner Income Support
- You are a new Permanent Resident or a refugee (to qualify, you must have been in Canada less than one year and have not filed a tax return)
- You are a child under government care
- You are receiving any type of government Employment Insurance (EI) (only the individual receiving EI will be eligible)
***Individuals that are 15% lower than the LICO cut off are eligible for 15 free two one-way trips annually ***
Who does not qualify?
Individuals are not eligible for the LITP:
- Aged 6 and under.
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) card holders.
- Applicants who exceed the Income Threshold for the LITP in the Income Qualifications
- Cannot provide qualifying documents to show total household income
|People in Household|| Household Income ($15 punch card pass) ||Household Income ($35 monthly pass) ||15% Threshold (15 free 2-way passes)|
|1||$30,265 || $30,266 - $37,678||$25,725.25|
|2|| $37,679 ||$37,680 - $46,321 ||$32,027.15|
|3|| $46,322 ||$46,323 - $56,240 ||$39,373.70|
|4||$56,241 ||$56,242 - $63,910 ||$47,804.85|
|5||$63,911 ||$63,912 - $72,486 ||$54,324.35|
|6||$72,487 ||$71,942 - $81,751|| $61,613.95|
|7||$81,752 ||$81,753 - $91,018|| $69,489.20|