Lace up your skates and wrap up warm, Hinton's outdoor rinks are now ready for use!
Open outdoor rinks can be found at:
- Mary Reimer Park
- Kinsmen Park
- Erith Park
As of December 16, 2022, the Pretzel is open!
The Pretzel is a 600-metre ice track nestled among the trees in the Hinton Campground, located next to the playground at the Hinton Centre on Switzer Drive. Please park in the playground parking lot and do not block the campground entry way.
Important information about the Pretzel and other outdoor rinks:
- Open as long as weather conditions allow
- Free to use
- Area is for skating only; please do not walk on the track
- Picnic tables are available; users are requested to bring own hand sanitizer
- No washrooms are available
- No pets are permitted; this restriction preserves ice conditions and user safety
- Use at your own risk to self and equipment - tree debris and pebbles could be on the ice
- Please wait after fresh snowfalls until the snow is cleared and after new floods (water/soft ice) to use
- Maintenance in this area is a lower priority than sidewalk and other snow clearing needs.
- Please be patient after snowfalls and new floods so that the surfaces are not compromised
If an outdoor rink needs maintenance or repair, please contact us through Hinton Listens at www.hinton.ca/hintonlistens