We are thrilled to announce that the opening of the POOL is finally here!
The pool will resume operation on September 14, 2020 (if no issues arise during start up).
Opening hours will be 7:00 am – 9:00 pm Monday – Friday & 12:00 pm-6:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Please register for your swim time at www.hinton.ca or by calling 780-865-4412, spots are limited and are only available for reservation 24hrs in advance of the swim time.
You are probably wondering what we have put in place to ensure your swim is as safe as possible.
· Once you have been granted access to the Aquatic Centre, we ask that you please follow the directional arrows.
· All swimmers are responsible for ensuring physical distancing from one another at all times. Masks are recommended in the Aquatic Facility but are not permitted be worn while performing physical activity.
· Changeroom capacity is limited and lockers are closed until further notice. It is recommended that swimmers arrive wearing their swimsuit.
· There are areas taped off on deck for you to place your belongings.
· All swimmers MUST take a cleansing shower prior to their swim. Note: shower stalls are also reduced until further notice.
· Equipment use is limited. If you require a PFD, flutter board, or pull buoy you must request it from the Lifeguard. After use please place it in the bin on deck.
· We strongly recommend you take your post swim shower at home.
· Swimmers 10 years and younger must be accompanied by a guardian 18 years or older.
During this time, we ask if you require to meet with any staff member in the Aquatic Department that you call in advance and book a meeting.
For further updates, schedule details, and announcement of guide releases please stay tuned for future updates by liking our Facebook page – Dr Duncan Murray Recreation Centre.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to the Aquatic Supervisor at 780-740-8063. Happy swimming ??!