The opening of the Dr. Duncan Murray Recreation Centre is ongoing.
Weekdays: (August 24 – August 31) 9:00am to 7:00 pm
(Effective September 1) 9:00am to 9:00 pm
Closed: August 29/August 30, Monday September 7 (Labour Day)
Will open and be available as of August 24
Peoples Centre Pandemic Guidelines
All customers must:
- Sign in and use hand sanitizer at Customer Service desk
- Sign in includes screening questionnaire
- Customers are not to enter the building if they show any symptoms as defined by Alberta Health Services
- Abide by the 2-meter physical distancing requirements
- Room Occupancy limit is set at 16 individuals
- Follow Alberta Health Services guidelines when serving food or doing crafts
- All food items, beverages, condiments, utensils, and crafts items cannot be shared
- It is recommended customers use tablecloths on tables when activity involves food or crafts
- Maintain hand washing and sanitizing
- If utilizing tables and chairs, leave them set up to allow for proper disinfecting
For rental inquiries please call the Customer Service desk (865-4412) or Kayla Carson (865-6028).
- The Arena staff team has prepared one ice floor (in the Steve Hotchkiss Arena)
- Hinton Minor Hockey Association (HMHA) is hosting their hockey camp from Monday August 24 till Friday 28
- September 1 – start of ice use by user groups only
- There is no public ice use available at this time, details to be announced
- The second ice sheet (in the Bill Thomson Arena) is being built at this time. As result, concrete floor is no longer available for other usage such as Pickleball.
Both public use and ice user group programming will be phased in with COVID restrictions in place. Staff plan to consult with the user groups to organize ice seasons and start ups.