Growing Great Kids Coalition
“It Takes a Community to Raise a Child”
Growing Great Kids (GGK) is Hinton’s Early Childhood Mapping coalition, started in August 2012.
The coalition consists of community agencies, businesses, daycares, play schools and others. Everyone is welcome to become a part of the coalition.
GGK was initiated by a grant from the province for our community to respond to it’s Early Development Instrument (EDI)results. The EDI is a standardized tool that measures the development of populations of five-year-old children as to their readiness for kindergarten.
Although the majority of children in Hinton are developing appropriately, a January 2013 study saw a significant percentage are experiencing difficulty, or great difficulty, particularly in Communication Skills and General Knowledge (28.16 per cent) and Social Competence (26.53 per cent).
- We come together to create action plans in Hinton & Area to ensure positive influences are made from infancy to the age of five.
- We act together to ensure every child in our community receives the best possible start for a bright future.
- We ensure there are ongoing community initiatives that foster early childhood experiences and enhance the lives of our children.
Why Should You Get Involved?
- You shape the environment in which young children are raised and influence their development.
- You can help to create a safe and enriching environment that promotes positive development.
- Community assets are the things in the community that positively influence development and are valued by citizens – you.
Thu, Nov 14
Fri, Nov 15
Mon, Nov 18