Inter-Municipal Assessment Review & Subdivision & Development Appeal Board
The Inter-Municipal Assessment Review, Subdivision and Development Appeal Board was established to hear assessment, subdivision, and/or development appeals within the towns of Hinton, Grande Cache, Edson, and the Municipality of Jasper.
BoardsThe 2 types of review boards are:
- Composite Assessment Review Board (CARB): Hears complaints regarding residential properties with four or more dwelling units as well as non-residential properties
- Local Assessment Review Board (LARB) - Hears matters that are shown on an assessment notice for residential properties with three or fewer dwelling units and for farmland
Become a Board Member! Members are needed from Hinton to serve on the Inter-Municipal Assessment Review and Subdivision and Development Appeal Board. We are seeking a citizen who has:
- An assessment, legal or valuation background
- Expertise / knowledge on quasi-judicial boards
- Flexible schedule / daytime availability for training and hearings
Council will review and appoint a board member for a 5-year term. There is an average of three to four appeal hearings for the region on an annual basis.
For more information, please contact the Legislative & Administrative Assistant.
Apply to become a member of the board and submit your cover letter and brief outline of experience to Legislative Services.