Contact Hinton Connects for support in building the capacity of your non-profit, for education, or for whatever else your non-profit needs to succeed.
Our goal is to foster and encourage sustainable community organizations.
FREE learning session for non-profits - Strategic Planning
In this session you will learn why a strategic plan is important for your non-profit organization.
Date: Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Time: 12 noon to 1:00 pm
Location: Boardroom, Dr. Duncan Murray Recreation Centre
Please RSVP to Joan Melvin at email@example.com or 780-865-6026 by 4:00 pm, Friday, November 9th.
Board Development Workshop for Board Members
I am a board member – what should I know? Come learn with a facilitator from the Board Development Program. A full day designed to better understand the non-profit governance role. Register Now!
Saturday, November 17, 2018
8:30am – 4:30pm
BRIDGES in valley (111 Government Rd)
$20.00 (includes a light hot lunch)
Register by Friday, November 9 by phone to FCSS at 780-865-6036
• identifying ethical and legal responsibilities of boards and board members
• understanding roles and responsibilities within your organization
• formulating responsive policies
• developing and making the best use of working committees
• supporting strong board and senior staff relationships or ensuring that the work of the organization gets done if there is no senior staff
• recruiting, orienting, training and evaluation of board members
• this workshop does NOT include strategic planning
Joan Melvin, Community Development Coordinator, has worked with Family and Community Support Services since 2008. Specializing in group facilitation, Joan can help non-profit groups with strategic planning, goal setting, restructuring, and many other areas where the group must reach consensus.
Hinton Non-Profit Resource Library
FCSS has many books and resources available for your use in their non-profit library. Schedule an appointment to view, and use the collection by calling 780.865.6036.
Marketing & Messaging for Non-Profits7 Steps to Creating Your Best Non-Profit Marketing Plan
Stand Out and Attract Attention
Web Presence for Non-Profits
Having a Web Presence
Sprout Guide to Social Media for Non-Profits
Social Media for Non-ProfitsGreat information on how Social Media can work for you
Social Media Pointers
Get More Money
A Guidebook to Fundraising
Fundraising Ideas That Work for Grassroot Groups by Ken Wyman (PDF)
Effective MeetingsView a recap of the session that was held in February
Bite-Sized Learning Session Notes, Feb 11 (PDF)
Valuing VolunteersView a recap of the session that was held in April
Bite-Sized Learning Session Notes, Apr 8
78 Ways to Value Your Volunteers
Volunteer Recognition Tips
2013 Alberta Volunteer Recognition Study
Try our free-to-use AJAH software for finding grant opportunities.
Call FCSS to schedule an orientation appointment 780-865-6036.
- Yellowhead County: Recreational Grants
- RBC Learn to Play
- Alberta Sport Coaching Grants
- In Motion Network: Women in Motion, Girls in Motion, Go Girl, Take the Lead
- Alberta Culture & Tourism
- Mountain Equipments Co-Op
- Nike N7 - Aboriginal & Native Communities
- GoodLife Kids Foundation - Children with Disabilities
- EcoAction Community Funding Program
- TD Bank Friends of the Environment
- Farm Credit Canada AgriSpirit Fund
- Alberta Ecotrust Foundation
- Take A Kid Mountain Biking
- The Lawson Foundation
- CAAWS- Canadian Assoc for the Advancement of Women & Sport & Physical Activity
- Hinton United Way
- Community Initiatives Program (CIP)
- Community Facility Enhancement Program (CFEP)
- Shaw Cable
- ATB Financial
- Servus Credit Union
- Shell Community Service Fund
- Scotia Bank
- Breakfast Club of Canada, Alberta
- RBC After School Project
- SCiP: Engage a post-secondary student in your non-profit organization. Post-secondary students gain skills, experience, and networks, along with a $1000 bursary, so that they can better achieve their missions.
- The McLean Foundation
- Canadian Women's Foundation
- Change Makers
Alberta Justice Awards
Stars of Alberta Volunteer Awards
Child Development Professional Awards