Contact Hinton Connects for support in building the capacity of your non-profit, for education, or for whatever else your non-profit needs to succeed.
Our goal is to foster and encourage sustainable community organizations.
FREE Learning Session for Non-profits – Resolving Conflict
In this session, you will learn about how to deal with angry or unhappy people in our volunteer roles. If we know what to say and how to say it, then we might be able to save the situation, or better yet, improve our relationship with that person.
Date: Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Time: 12 noon to 1:00pm
Location: Boardroom, Dr. Duncan Murray Recreation Centre
Please RSVP to Lisa Brett at email@example.com or by phone at 780-865-6036 by 4:00pm on Friday, September 7, 2018
SAVE THE DATE! Register early!
I am a board member – what should I know? Come learn with a facilitator from the Board Development Program. A full day designed to better understand the non-profit governance role. RSVP today!
Saturday, November 17, 2018
8:30am – 4:30pm
BRIDGES in valley (111 Government Rd)
$20.00 (includes a light hot lunch)
Register by Friday, November 9 by phone to FCSS at 780-865-6036
• identifying ethical and legal responsibilities of boards and board members
• understanding roles and responsibilities within your organization
• formulating responsive policies
• developing and making the best use of working committees
• supporting strong board and senior staff relationships or ensuring that the work of the organization gets done if there is no senior staff
• recruiting, orienting, training and evaluation of board members
• this workshop does NOT include strategic planning
Joan Melvin, Community Development Coordinator, has worked with Family and Community Support Services since 2008. Specializing in group facilitation, Joan can help non-profit groups with strategic planning, goal setting, restructuring, and many other areas where the group must reach consensus.
Hinton Non-Profit Resource Library
FCSS has many books and resources available for your use in their non-profit library. Schedule an appointment to view, and use the collection by calling 780.865.6036.
Marketing & Messaging for Non-Profits7 Steps to Creating Your Best Non-Profit Marketing Plan
Stand Out and Attract Attention
Web Presence for Non-Profits
Having a Web Presence
Sprout Guide to Social Media for Non-Profits
Social Media for Non-ProfitsGreat information on how Social Media can work for you
Social Media Pointers
Get More Money
A Guidebook to Fundraising
Fundraising Ideas That Work for Grassroot Groups by Ken Wyman (PDF)
Effective MeetingsView a recap of the session that was held in February
Bite-Sized Learning Session Notes, Feb 11 (PDF)
Valuing VolunteersView a recap of the session that was held in April
Bite-Sized Learning Session Notes, Apr 8
78 Ways to Value Your Volunteers
Volunteer Recognition Tips
2013 Alberta Volunteer Recognition Study
Try our free-to-use AJAH software for finding grant opportunities.
Call FCSS to schedule an orientation appointment 780-865-6036.
- Yellowhead County: Recreational Grants
- RBC Learn to Play
- Alberta Sport Coaching Grants
- In Motion Network: Women in Motion, Girls in Motion, Go Girl, Take the Lead
- Alberta Culture & Tourism
- Mountain Equipments Co-Op
- Nike N7 - Aboriginal & Native Communities
- GoodLife Kids Foundation - Children with Disabilities
- EcoAction Community Funding Program
- TD Bank Friends of the Environment
- Farm Credit Canada AgriSpirit Fund
- Alberta Ecotrust Foundation
- Take A Kid Mountain Biking
- The Lawson Foundation
- CAAWS- Canadian Assoc for the Advancement of Women & Sport & Physical Activity
- Hinton United Way
- Community Initiatives Program (CIP)
- Community Facility Enhancement Program (CFEP)
- Shaw Cable
- ATB Financial
- Servus Credit Union
- Shell Community Service Fund
- Scotia Bank
- Breakfast Club of Canada, Alberta
- RBC After School Project
- SCiP: Engage a post-secondary student in your non-profit organization. Post-secondary students gain skills, experience, and networks, along with a $1000 bursary, so that they can better achieve their missions.
- The McLean Foundation
- Canadian Women's Foundation
- Change Makers
Alberta Justice Awards
Stars of Alberta Volunteer Awards
Child Development Professional Awards