I grew up in Alberta, and Hinton is my home. After high school, at the University of Alberta, I earned a Bachelor of Science (Forestry) degree. I later studied at the University of Northern British Columbia, where I obtained a Masters in natural resource management.
For more than thirty years, I was a professional forester. My last position was as a Senior Manager with the Province of Alberta. My responsibilities included approvals and regulatory oversight for the coal, forestry, gas, oil, and recreation industries in the Foothills Area. Since retirement, I spent four years on Hinton's Town Council (2013-2017) and regularly contributed articles to the local, Provincial, and National Press.
Boards and Committees
- Beaver Boardwalk Community Oversight Committee (ALT)
- Community Engagement & Advisory Committee (CEAC)
- Emergency Advisory Committee
- Forest Resources Advisory Group
- Hinton Municipal Library Board (ALT)
- West Yellowhead Regional Waste Management (ALT)
Councillor Taylor - Timesheet and Expenses