Hinton's 1st fire hall was located on Switzer Drive west of the recreation center. This 3 bay hall housed Hinton's units and personal until 2004 when the new fire hall was built.
During a meeting held on February 13, 1957, it was agreed to build a fire hall after the purchase of the town's 1st fire engine from Drayton Valley earlier in the month. A volunteer fire brigade was then organized, as the town had only a truck with no crew at the time. - "Hinton Parklander," February 1957
Hinton's new fire engine is well equipped for fighting fires with the exception of a fire brigade. Organizational efforts were in the works to try and find a crew. The truck is 2 tons which came complete with a 300 gallon tank, 600 feet of hose, spray nozzles and a booster pump. It was all purchased from Drayton Valley. - "Hinton Parklander" February 1957
First engine - a used Fargo fire engine with 1 ground ladder and 2 booster reels
First water tender - 1957 Dodge, which weighed 1 ton and held 300 gallons of water