Safety Code Permits
Effective August 1st, 2020 the Town of Hinton is now the accredited agency for issuing Safety Code Permits in the following disciplines:
Pre-Application review process
Permits and Compliance
Questions regarding permit requirements?
You need a building permit for:
- Construction of a new building
- Tenant improvements in a non-residential space
- Additions and alterations to an existing building
- Covered or enclosed decks regardless of height
- Uncovered decks over 2 feet high
- Residential renovations and basement developments
- Accessory buildings such as garages, sheds and gazebos
- Swimming pools, hot tubs and other water features
- Secondary suites
- Demolishing and moving buildings
- Wood burning appliances
Most development and building permit applications will require:
- A landowner consent form if you are not the registered landowner
- A site plan of the property showing the location, size and setbacks of the buildings to the property lines (existing and proposed)
- Exterior elevation drawings of all sides of a building showing the finishes, windows, doors and height of the buildings
- Floor plans with dimensions and use of rooms, location of doors and windows, exits, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Any other supporting documentation as required by the Development Authority and Safety Codes Officer at the time of application (water & sewer installation report, geotechnical investigation, engineering, lot grading elevations, new home warranty, etc.)
- Two copies of your site plan and drawings will be required with your application, drawings must be drawn to scale and legible. Fees will be determined based on the type of application. Refer to our permit checklist to ensure you are submitting a complete application.
- Permits are issued by Development Services, located in the Town office. You must pay all permit fees at the time of application.
You can apply for your Electrical, Plumbing, Gas or Private Sewage permits at the Development Services Department.
Refer to Bylaw 1104-3 for Development Services Fees.
- 2020 Building Permit HINTON Print and Complete
- 2020 Building Permit HINTON-Fillable Form (ADOBE REQUIRED)
- 2020 Electrical Permit HINTON Print and Complete
- 2020 Electrical Permit HINTON-Fillable Form (ADOBE REQUIRED)
- 2020 Gas Permit HINTON Print and Complete
- 2020 Gas Permit HINTON-Fillable Form (ADOBE REQUIRED)
- 2020 Plumbing Permit HINTON Print and Complete
- 2020 Plumbing Permit HINTON-Fillable Form (ADOBE REQUIRED)
- 2020 PSDS Permit HINTON Print and Complete
- 2020 PSDS Permit HINTON-Fillable Form (ADOBE REQUIRED)