Safety Code Permits

Safety Permits now Available
Effective August 1st, 2020 the Town of Hinton is now the accredited agency for issuing Safety Code Permits in the following disciplines:

Pre-Application review process  

Development permits help to ensure the use of the land and location of buildings meet the regulations of the Town's Land Use Bylaw. Land uses are classified under each land use district as either permitted or discretionary.

Building permits are required to help ensure the health and safety of residents and are regulated under the Safety Codes Act, Permit Regulations and the Alberta Building Code. Refer to our permit and compliance guidelines to ensure you are submitting a complete application.

Permits and Compliance 

A reference guide is available when applying for Building, Electrical, Gas, Plumbing and Private Sewage Permits. Find it here.

Development Services Fees are encapsulated in Bylaw 1104-3. Payment can be made here.

Questions regarding permit requirements?

Please contact the Town of Hinton's provider for Safety Code Services, The Inspections Group.

The Inspections Group Inc.
Toll-Free: 1 (866) 554-5048
Phone: (780) 454-5048

Safety Tips

Building Application Requirements Checklist

Do I need a Building Permit

Building a Detached Garage

Building a Wood Deck

Carbon Monoxide Alarm Home Installation

Finishing your basement

Installing a Fireplace

Secondary Suites

Swimming Pools, Hot Tubs and Spas