About Plumbing Permits
You need a plumbing permit for the:
- installation, renewal, removal or change of a plumbing system/ equipment
- installation of a cross connection control device (backflow prevention)
- connection of any mobile/modular home to a municipal or private sewage system
Applying for a plumbing permit
Plumbing permit applications are available online or in person at the Town of Hinton Government Centre.
Fees vary depending on the number of fixtures. Note: If the Safety Codes Officer is unable to perform your inspection due to deficiencies, access issues, incomplete work or the inability to locate the site, additional fees may apply.
Who can apply?
- plumbing contractors that have journeyman certification
- homeowners, if they own and live in, or intend to live in, the home and are completing the work themselves or with qualified help
Note: If a contractor is doing the work, you (as the homeowner/business owner) should ask the contractor to pull the permit rather than you pulling the permit on the contractor’s behalf.